Slideshow Widget

january | close-up portraiture

Saturday, February 2, 2013

This year I decided I wanted to really grow as a photographer.  Taking photographs is something that I really love and I enjoy looking back at the memories I have captured and the improvement I have made.  One of the projects I took on to force me to be committed to my goal was my 365 Project in which I post a daily photo for the year 2013.  I also am taking part in a monthly challenge with a group of photographers through Clickin Moms.  Once a month we will be linking our blogs in a circle to share our work with each other and our readers.  Each month will be unique as we will be shooting for and sharing a specific theme.

January our challenge was close-up portraiture  I enjoyed trying new techniques and perspectives with this type of photography.  I really love all the little details you capture when you step a little closer.  Especially with these little faces that are constantly changing from minute to minute and year to year.



I am so excited to see what the rest of the Challenges will be this year!  Now please don't forget to head on over and check out Melissa Stanfield's work for this months close-up portraiture challenge!

7 Responses to “january | close-up portraiture”

  1. Wow! I just LOVE the freckle face and eyelash photo! and the watermelon juice dripping off of the sweet little girls face is just priceless.. I think that should go on a hallmark card about summertime fun :) great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the eyelashes and the watermelon face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes Mikisha! You knocked these out of the park. I want to keep looking at them over and over. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these, you totally nailed it! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pictures! i really, really love the last one! something about kids and their toothy smiles...just so real! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos! i really, really love the last one...something about kids and their toothy smiles- just so real! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! The first and the last are my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete